Friday, December 30, 2005

Mundane

Filler:

Yesterday I had lunch with TJ. He asked for more blog entries. I can completely understand why someone immersed in SIG-Graph preparation would want to keep a back pocket full of 5-minute distractions. In paper deadlines of my own, I've browsed TJ's blog. TJ has several hundred entries. I figure I owe him.

He suggested reporting on the goings-on of my life; the mundane. By reporting on my every day, I have some topic that I can discuss that's mine. And I won't have to worry about a bitch fest. That sounds good. I'll do that.

Problem is: I had lunch with TJ yesterday and already unloaded my recent mundane experiences. He's itching for a SIG-Graph break, and all I've got is leftovers.

Leftovers:

So as a gift-for-us, I gave Pants the first season of "Lost" on DVD. On Wednesday, we hit the half-way mark. Last night we put down another 3 episodes. We're now 15 epsidoes into the season. We've had the DVD's out of their gift wrap for 5 days now. I think that qualifies as an addiction. It's a compelling series. I'd recommend it.

I won't be loaning out our copy of the series. Pants has this thing with me loaning out the gifts I give her to my friends and never getting them back.* By "this thing", I mean she doesn't like it. I can't understand why. But I'll respect her wishes.

*The "Outfoxed" DVD - I think I got that back, but now I don't remember.

No comments: