Thursday, January 05, 2006

Crazy Bug

I went to Coleman's lab (he's an avid camper) for 6 hours yesterday to see if I couldn't find a bug in Croquetta. I've been working on this new section of code, and can't tell if it's working properly. What I thought I'd observed was that the player's score was worse by about 5 points when you run my new code instead of the old code.

The score wasn't being added up wrong. It looked like Croquetta was finding a worse score. But when I looked at the alternate scores that were available, there weren't any that were better. It was getting as good a score as it could find and that score was correct. But that score was "wrong" by 5 points compared to the old score.

I was going nuts.

Now it's apparent that there was no difference in the old and new score. I'm just crazy. So I guess its working correctly.

No comments: