Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Bear

The A.V. club has an article on animal snuff for kids.

I don't know how to imbed links yet - I'll figure it out - but here's the URL

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/45020

I misread the title of the article, replacing "snuff" for "smut" - we all know where my mind is, it's not a joke, it just happened, ok?

So I opened the link thinking the first thing I would read about was Disney's "The Bear." I saw it with my grandfather when I young. It's a touching story of a man and his son, I mean a bear and his cub. I can't remember, but I think the mother is killed by a hunter at the beginning of the movie.

At one point, the father discovers a female passing through. He pushes over a tree to show how macho he is, and I think he digs a hole. When they start fucking, the cub wanders off and finds some mushrooms. He eats them, rolls over on his back and starts hallucinating. A butterfly lands on his paw and the cub is mesmerized. Fade to black. Cub wakes up with a hangover.

Chauvinism. Criminal neglegence. Sex. Drugs.

The movie should have made the list of "snuff," though, because daddy bear has a run in with a bullet-splaying hunter. The guy notched the tip of the bullet I think to rip apart on impact. Grizzly. I think daddy bear survives; the rest of the A.V. Club's movies were more grim.

No comments: