Friday, November 20, 2009

CR links for the day

I love CalculatedRisk. If you're reading my blog, and you're not reading CR, I'd recommend doing so. Because CR posts so much content so frequently, keeping up with his blog is a full time job. So the service I'll offer is to link to relevant CR stories.

It's only 8 am on the west coast, but already CR has had two terrific posts.

1) North Carolina unemployment is now at 11%. It is very near it's all time high. CR has a graph comparing the unemployment figures for all 50 states. NC ranks 11th for unemployment.

2) Forecasters are calling for housing price decreases through 2010. These forecasts are based on the observation that foreclosures are still climbing and are seemingly not based on the "interest rates have to return to historical levels sometime" argument that I've been making.

No comments: